It’s hard to believe spring is just around the corner! St. Patrick’s day is coming up in just a few weeks and I’m definitely ready to see some green! I’m so ready to get outside and start working in my garden, but in the meantime I’m getting my green thumb going with a couple fun DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason jar planters. They were easy to make and add a spot of green to my windowsill.
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters
- 1 quart jar
- 1 can green spray paint
- 1 strip of burlap about 3 inches wide by about 13 inches long
- 1 green fabric scrap cut to about 1 inch wide by 13 inches long
- 1 ~20-24 inch piece of twine
- 1 hot glue gun
- 1 potted plant (small around 3-4 inch)
1. Spray paint the jar with the green spray paint in a well ventilated area. You may need to add a second coat to cover the jar completely.
2. Set the jar aside to dry for several hours.
3. While your jar is drying cut a strip of burlap to about 3 inches wide by about 13 inches long. I used a piece of burlap garland I bought on clearance right after Christmas.
4. Cut a scrap of green fabric to about 1 inch wide by 13 inches long. You could also use some green ribbon if that’s what you have on hand.
5. Once your jars have dried wrap the burlap around the center of the jar and glue it in place with the hot glue gun.
6. Put the fabric strip in the center of the burlap and secure it in place using the hot glue gun.
7. Add your favorite plant to the planter. A shamrock plant would be fun for St. Patrick’s Day!
8. Tie a twine or ribbon bow around the top of the jar.
This DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason jar planter is the perfect way to welcome spring!
For more amazing St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out some blog posts from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Irish Potatoes Candy Recipe from My So Called Balance Life
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with a healthier twist from Our Family World
- Simple Shamrock Picture (DIY Shamrock Crafts) from Simply Southern Mom
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- Mason Jar Tealights from Upstate Ramblings
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe from This Mama Loves
- DIY Hulk Green Slim from Momma D Jane
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World