We always do the 4th of July up right, it’s the perfect occasion for a summer party! I love to decorate in red, white and blue. Every year I look for new DIY red white and blue decorating ideas. This year I made these pretty patriotic red, white and blue Mason Jar vases or planters (depending on how you want to use them). They’re going to make great centerpieces for our 4th of July party this year!
The vases/ planters are super easy to make. All you need are some jars, red white and blue spray paint, ribbon/ burlap and a hot glue gun. You can use these to hold fresh flowers, or plant some festive red white and blue petunias in them. They’ll add a fun touch to your 4th of July picnic or bbq.
Patriotic DIY Red White and Blue Mason Jar Vase
red white and blue spray paint
hot glue gun and glue sticks
red, blue and red striped burlap
white 1 inch ribbon
red and white star ribbons
1. Spray paint the jars, one red, one white, one blue. Set them aside to dry. Touch up any spots that might not get a good covering of paint the first time and let them dry again.
2. Cut 3 strips of red striped burlap to about 5 inches wide and long enough to wrap all the way around the jar.
3. Cut 2 blue and 1 red burlap strips, about 2 to 3 inches wide, long enough to wrap all the way around the jar.
4. Cut 3 white 1 inch ribbons, long enough to wrap around the jar.
5. Cut 1 blue and 2 red star ribbons long enough to wrap.
6. Layer 3 sets to wrap around the jars. On each jar start by wrapping and securing in place in the back with hot glue the red striped burlap on each jar.
7. Wrap each jar with a red or blue piece of 2 to 3 inch burlap and top with the white ribbon then the red or blue star ribbon.
8. Add in your favorite red, white, and/or blue flowers, or plant them with flowers so they’ll last all summer long!
For more July 4th & Patriotic ideas, check out a few posts from my favorite bloggers:
- Patriotic Mini Berry Tarts by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Patriotic DIY Candy Dish by A Mom’s Take
- How to Host a 4th of July Parade by Mom on the Side
- Patriotic Pudding Cups by Better in Bulk
- Perfect Southern Sweet Tea by Greta’s Day
- Patriotic String Art Craft by This Mama Loves
- DIY Beaded Flag Charm Craft for Kids by Cait’s Beauty Blog
- Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes by Our Family World
- Crockpot Bean Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Treats for your 4th of July Cookout by Momma D Jane
- Patriotic Wine Glass Charms by Style on Main
- Greek Pasta Salad, a simple summer side by About a Mom
- Beet and Blueberry Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mom Does it All