I made these pumpkin spice roasted chickpeas yesterday, but ate them all before I could get a picture, oops! Soooo, I had to make them again today! Tough life, I know! Today I got a little smarter and made a double batch. I did manage to get photos of my pumpkin spice roasted chick peas today before I ate them all, but I may or may not have eaten them all again…
They’re delicious, and fairly healthy for you with a little fiber and protein in the chickpeas, and just a hint of sweet from a little honey. Pumpkin spice roasted chickpeas make a wonderful fall snack on the go, and you can store them for several days once they’re roasted in an air tight container. Of course, that’s if they’ll even last a few days! So far I haven’t been able to make them last more than a few hours.
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas
The complete recipe and directions are below, but here’s the quick rundown. Drain the chickpeas, and put them on parchment paper over the top of a cookie sheet, in a single layer.
Bake for about 45 minutes, giving the chickpeas a toss once or twice to turn them.
While your chick peas are baking go ahead and mix together the olive oil, honey, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt (see amounts in the recipe below). Once the chickpeas are done baking toss them in the pumpkin spice mixture.
Spread them out on the cookie sheet again and bake them for another 10 minutes to caramelize.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool and harden.
Enjoy! I think they’re my new favorite fall snack!
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 can garbanzo beans chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- Drain the chickpeas then put them in a colander to rinse, then pat dry with a towel or paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 375`F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over the top of a cookie sheet and spread out the chickpeas in a single layer on the cookie sheet
- Bake for about 45 minutes, giving the chickpeas a toss once or twice to turn them.
- While they're baking mix together the olive oil, honey, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt in a medium bowl.
- Once the chickpeas are done baking toss them in the pumpkin spice mixture then spread them out on the cookie sheet again and bake them for another 10 minutes to caramelize.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool and harden.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out these gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin pie bars!