These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars are perfect for any fall or holiday gathering, or to make and eat for a fall snack right at home.
We have a Thanksgiving family gathering coming up in a few weeks, and I’m always on the lookout for gluten free, grain free and even dairy free recipes I can make and take that the whole family will enjoy. I’ve been checking out some pumpkin pie and bar recipes on Pinterest and I found this recipe for crustless gluten free pumpkin pie and I thought I’d turn it into a bar and add some gluten free, dairy free chocolate chips to the bars. They turned out delicious, so I thought I’d share the recipe.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars- Pinterest Remake
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree about 1 can
- 1 1/3 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips gluten free, dairy free
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a square 9 by 9 inch bar pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the pumpkin, coconut milk, egg whites, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, coconut sugar in a medium mixing bowl, and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" square bar pan, and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature of your oven to 325 degrees, then bake the bars for about 45 minutes more, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
These were super easy to make! I just threw everything in the mixing bowl and mixed it until combined, then threw in the chocolate chips and gave them a quick mix to fold them in. I was playing around with different backgrounds when I was photographing these. I bought some black backgrounds a few weeks ago, so I thought I’d give them a try and captured this shot too before these bars were devoured by the family.
Have you made any Pinterest remakes lately? I’d love to hear how they turned out! My Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars turned out delicious. Definitely making them again and again!