A big salad is my favorite meal for lunch or for dinner. I love trying different salads and flavor combinations. This southwest spinach salad recipe with creamy avocado dressing is perfect for this time of year. I would load mine up with fresh spinach, greens, peppers, cilantro and tomatoes from our local farmer’s market. Yum!
Southwest Spinach Salad Recipe with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 10 oz. Bag Fresh Spinach
- 1 14 oz. Can Corn or thawed frozen if you prefer
- 1 14 oz. Can Black Beans rinsed and well drained
- 8-10 Mini Bell Peppers sliced into rings or 2 Large Bell Peppers Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- ½ Red Onion chopped
- 6-8 Sprigs of Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Avocado seeded and diced
- Avocado Dressing:
- 1 Avocado seeded
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1-2 Canned Jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 teas. Ground Cumin
- ½ teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Black Pepper
- In a blender Combine 1 Avocado, Olive Oil, Water, Lime juice, Cumin, Salt and Pepper and blend until smooth. Add Jalapeno to taste. You may add additional water a tablespoon at a time to thin it out if you prefer.
- In a large bowl put the Spinach, Corn, Black Beans, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and Red Onion toss to combine.
- Place some of the salad mixture in a serving bowl, garnish with the diced Avocado and Cilantro. Dress to taste.
- Optional, dress the salad first then garnish with the diced Avocado and Cilantro.
There is nothing better than fresh salad this time of year, loaded with fresh from the garden (or farmer’s market) flavors! This salad definitely lets you load on the flavor! What’s your favorite salad combination for this time of year?