We love spicy food at our house! We usually have tacos, nachos, or enchiladas about once a week so I thought I’d share my favorite enchilada recipe. It’s super easy to throw together, then you can go get some other work done while it’s baking. Add a side salad and dinner is served.
You can cool off the spices in this dish with a little sour cream or guacamole. Yum!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- flour tortillas
- 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350`F
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet, and add the chopped onion. Drain the ground beef, then add the cumin, chili powder, refried beans, about 1/4 of the enchilada sauce, and garlic powder. Mix all the ingredients together on low heat.
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of the meat and bean mixture into each flour tortilla.
- Place the rolled tortillas into a lightly sprayed 9×13 casserole dish. You should be able to make about 12 enchiladas.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled up enchiladas and top with two cups of cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350` for 30 to 40 minutes.
Garnish ideas: Sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, or fresh avocado
The leftovers are even delicious!
3 thoughts on “Spicy Beef and Bean Enchilada Recipe”