I’m a huge fan of flavors this time of year, turkey and sweet potatoes are two of my all time favorites! The best part is you can use the broth from cooking your turkey to add amazing flavor to this chili! This turkey chili recipe is perfect for your Thanksgiving recipes, or you can double or triple the recipe and throw it all in a slow cooker to take along on Thanksgiving Day!
Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
- 7 Cups turkey broth
- 8 ounces cooked chopped turkey
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic -minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small can green chilis
- 5-6 mushrooms diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In a medium pot add the turkey broth, tomato sauce, garlic, sweet potato, mushroom, turkey, onion, and mushroom.
- Heat over medium heat to a simmer and let the soup cook for about 30 to 45 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the cumin, salt, chili powder, and green chilis to the pot, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Simmer for a couple more minutes and serve.
For more Thanksgiving and fall recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole by Mom Does It All
- Pumpkin Lebkuchen Donuts by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Heaven’s Delight Pineapple Marshmallow Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe by Pretty Opinionated
- Thanksgiving Craft: “Give Thanks” Wooden Blocks by Better in Bulk
- Delicious Chocolate Genoise Recipe by OurFamilyWorld
- Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece by Upstate Ramblings
- Family Gratitude Journal by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi by Jennifer Sikora
- Fun Turkey Cupcake Idea by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Fall Harvest Pins DIY Fall Harvest Craft by Blessed Elements
- Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup by Sweet Lil You
- Soft Baked White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies by Savvy Saving Couple
- Mini Fall Leaf Decorated Cookies by How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Apple Muffins by Momma D Jane
4 thoughts on “Turkey Sweet Potato Chili Recipe”
I love chili! This sounds just perfect for a cold day!
That looks really healthy and delicious. I am going to have to try this for me and my daughter. We are working to learn to eat better.
Yum! I have never tried this before! It looks delicious! I cannot wait to try it!
This looks like such a great recipe to try for the fall. I love sweet potatoes.