Over the holidays I discovered Tiger Nut flour! It’s not really a nut… it’s a resistant starchy root. Of course I had to order some and give it a try! I like to take my own gluten free treats to family gatherings so I hit Pinterest to find a recipe for some Tiger nut chocolate chip cookies.
I was searching Google and Pinterest for a Tiger Nut flour chocolate chip cookie recipe that I had all of the ingredients to make in my pantry. I searched high and low, because many of the recipes had tons of ingredients, or ingredients I don’t use/ eat. I finally found this Tiger Nut Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe on Pinterest and adapted it just a little to suit my needs and tastes. I made a couple edits to them, including adding some cocoa to make them chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, yum! Double the chocolate flavor! 🙂 This post contains affiliate links.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the all the ingredients except the chocolate chips mix with a hand mixer for about 1 minute.
- Fold in the chocolate chips once all the other ingredients are combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on the baking sheet, using the bottom of the spoon to flatten each cookie just a bit. The cookies will flatten a little more while they're baking.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are just starting to turn a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool completely, or if you're like me eat them when they're still warm and melty!
The cookies were a big hit with my family! I doubled the recipe to take with me to our family holiday party, but when I made them here at home I just made one recipe. Both times the cookies didn’t last long, so I’ll probably have to double the recipe the next time even for home!
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Berry Sipper Mocktail by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder by Homemaking Hacks
- Ice Lanterns by Upstate Ramblings
- Lip Scrub by Nicole Bangerter
- The Best Homemade Vanilla Extract by How Was Your Day?
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe by Food Fun Family
- Vintage Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese with Polish Kielbasa by A Day in Motherhood
- Flourless Brownies with Craisins and Pistachios by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Bang Bang Chicken by Jennifer Sikora
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Peanut Dog Treats by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal by Sincerely Mindy
- Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe by Gator Mommy
- Homemade Vanilla Orange Mint Sugar Scrub by Baby Loving Mama
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries by Sizzling Eats
- All Natural 2 Ingredient Lip Gloss by The Socialite’s Closet
- Pantry Tomato Pasta by The Guavalicious Life