I posted this recipe for 3 ingredient almond butter cookies a couple years ago, and it’s already grain-free, gluten-free, and paleo friendly. I thought I’d add in some ingredient options to also make it low-carb, keto and low-lectin friendly. So check out the updated options in the recipe section!
Sometimes I just want something sweet and baked. I don’t have those cravings as often these days as I used to, but every now and then I get a sweet tooth for some cookies, cupcakes, or something along those lines. One of my favorite quick and easy gluten free- grain free recipes is this 3 ingredient almond butter cookie recipe. It’s super quick and easy, and I don’t need a ton of ingredients to make them. The best part is they really hit the spot, especially straight out of the oven when they’re still warm! Yum!
3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 egg free range
- 1 cup almond butter (blanched almond butter for low lectin
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or Swerve for low carb keto option
- Preheat your oven to 350` Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all 3 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Line your favorite cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the batter by rounded teaspoons, and roll the teaspoons of batter into balls.
- Drop the balls onto the parchment paper and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for a couple minutes, then enjoy!
- These cookies are soft warm from the oven, but will become firmer as they cool. They're not as soft as flour cookies, but they do have a delicious taste and texture.
- Place any cookies you don't eat right away into an airtight container once they've cooled and you can store them for up to a week.
This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies. You can also add extra nuts, use chunky almond butter, or add dried fruit or chocolate chips to add a little additional flavor or variety. Add ¼ cup cocoa powder to make them a chocolate cookie treat.
If you do make the low-carb keto swap and add Swerve or use blanched almond butter this recipe is still very delicious and a great treat!
Find these ingredients on Amazon (some links may be affiliate links and I may make a commission if you make a purchase, but I only list products I use personally):
Looking for more paleo friendly grain-free cookies? Check out this recipe for Tiger Nut cookies!