I love chocolate! You could say I’m a chocoholic. I’m also a big fan of smoothies! I love this chocolate protein smoothie recipe for breakfast, or for a quick after workout snack. It’s a great way to get some protein into your day! It can also make a quick on the go lunch if needed.
I like to throw everything in my Nutri Bullet and give it a good spin! Quick and easy!
Start with 2 scoops of your favorite chocolate protein powder. I like Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein.
Add in 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon Swerve or your favorite low carb sweetener (optional)
Throw in 1/2 cup ice and 1 cup of your favorite milk (coconut, almond, cows milk), 1/2 ripe avocado and a handful of spinach.
Like I said above, just throw it all in a high speed blender ( like a Nutri-Bullet) and blend until smooth. Optional: Top with a couple low carb chocolate chips.
Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or your favorite low carb sweetener optional
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 cup of your favorite milk coconut, almond, cows milk
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- a handful of spinach
- Throw all of the ingredients in a high speed blender (like a NutriBullet) and blend until smooth. Optional: Top with a couple low carb chocolate chips to make it extra yummy and chocolaty!
The ice and avocado make it thick and creamy and I promise you won’t taste the spinach or the avocado with all the chocolaty goodness!
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Check out this Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie Recipe
Or try this yummy raspberry protein smoothie this summer! All of these smoothies make a delicious snack or breakfast on the go!
Do you have a favorite smoothie flavor?