I’ve been toying with the idea of baking pumpkin blondies for a couple years now. This week I decided I would give them a try, so I dug in and browsed through quite a few recipes, both online and off. In the end I decided to combine a simple blondie recipe, with a pumpkin pie recipe and see what happened.
The pumpkin blondies turned out great, I baked them in a 9×9 baking dish, but I wish I would have used a 9×13 for a thinner bar. I made the blondies and the pumpkin separate, then swirled them together in the baking dish.
Pumpkin Pie Blondies
First up the Blondies:
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350`F.
- Lightly coat a 9×9 baking dish with no stick cooking spray (again I think a 9×13 would work better).
- In one mixing bowl mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl cream together the melted butter, vanilla, sugar, and eggs.
- Add the flour slowly to the butter and egg mixture.
- Spread in the bottom of your baking dish.
The Pumpkin Pie Layer:
- 1~ 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- Mix all the ingredients together, then pour them over the top of the blondie base.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the pumpkin layer into the blondie layer. Just run the knife through the whole mixture once or twice to fold the two lightly togethe
- Bake at 350`F for 50 minutes to an hour, or until it is done all the way through.
It turned out to be a wonderful fall combination, the blondies are thick and chewy with wonderful flavor. I think I’ll definitely make them again, or maybe try the combination in mini muffin pans to make a small tartlet.
8 thoughts on “Pumpkin Blondie Recipe with Pictures”
I like this idea, maybe I will use it for thanksgiving. Great idea Linette.