I bought a bag of apples at our local food co-op about a week ago, and I’ve been munching on them, but I’ve also been trying to come up with some recipes to use them in. Apples are soooo delicious this time of year, I can eat them all day long, especially with a little almond butter, or sauteed with a little coconut oil and cinnamon. I used sauteed apples as the basis for this apple pie coconut ice cream recipe, and it turned out delicious! The biggest problem is I can’t stop eating it!
- 2 medium apples- diced
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- Saute the diced apples in a skillet with 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar, almond flour, and the coconut oil.
- Once the apples are soft remove them from heat and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk, the other teaspoon of cinnamon, and ¼ cup of coconut sugar to a blender, along with half of the apple mixture.
- Pulse the blender until all combined.
- Stir in the remaining apples
- Add to your favorite ice cream maker and follow the directions, or alternatively add to a baking dish and place in the freezer.
- If you place the ice cream in the freezer, stir about every 30 minutes until frozen.
I add all the ingredients to my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and let it churn for about 30 minutes, or until the ice cream is fairly solid.
This ice cream really hits the spot this time of year, and it’s a great way to use up all those apples! I made several batches and froze them in individual servings in the freezer to pull out later. Of course I’ve enjoyed a bowl or 2 straight out of the freezer too!
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Apple Stamp Craft from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World