I love making my own homemade salad dressings. I’ve tried really hard to find salad dressings at the store that I like that doesn’t have ingredients I’d rather stay away from. It’s much easier to make my own salad dressing recipes at home. It only takes a few minutes to throw the ingredients in the blender and I have fresh salad dressing that’s better than anything I can find at the store! I usually make salad dressing on Friday nights and it lasts all week. Here is one of my favorite go to recipes, it’s a variation on the ranch salad dressing recipe I shared a few weeks ago.
Dairy Free Cilantro Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 egg~ organic free range local
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk full fat
- 1 clove minced garlic
- pinch sea salt
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves about 1/4 cup~ to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin avocado or olive oil
- Add the egg, apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, garlic, sea salt and cilantro leaves to the blender and pulse.
- Slowly add the oil through the small hole in the lid of the blender while continuing to pulse until the oil is completely combined with the other ingredients.
- Pour into a glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If the raw egg makes you uncomfortable you can leave it out and add a little extra coconut milk to the mixture. I’ve also used some local yogurt in place of the coconut milk. Don’t be afraid to experiment a bit and make the flavor fit you. I LOVE cilantro so I usually just throw a handful or so in the blender but you can go a little lighter or replace it with basil or oregano if you’d prefer a more Italian style.
You might also like:
Paleo Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe