I love the fall season, which makes Halloween and Thanksgiving 2 of my favorite holidays of the year, right behind Christmas that is! I love to decorate and add pops of fall color to my home decor. I also love having a wreath on my door all year round to celebrate the season. My spring wreath doesn’t really fit this time of year, so it’s time for a change! This DIY Halloween boo wreath was fairly easy to make, and it’s perfect to celebrate the fall and Halloween season!
DIY Halloween BOO Wreath Tutorial
- 16 inch wire wreath frame
- 8 to 10 light colored pipe cleaners
- 1 ~21 inch by 10 yard roll decorative mesh- ombre in fall colors
- 4-5 inch paper mache letters BOO
- black spray paint
- orange spray paint
- miscellaneous fall leaves and flowers
- hot glue
- hot glue gun
1. Spray paint the BOO letters with black spray paint and set them aside to dry.
2. Once they’ve dried lightly mist the letters with orange spray paint and set them aside to dry.
3. While the letters are drying, place one end of the decorative mesh against the wire wreath, leaving about a 2-3 inch tail, use the end of one pipe cleaner to secure it in place around 1 of the wires. Cut off the excess pipe cleaner with a pair of wire cutters.
4. Form a 3-4 inch loop and repeat the process to wire down the mesh and form a loop. Repeat the same process all the way round the wreath 2 times.
5. Use a hot glue gun to glue on the BOO letters down the left side.
6. Fill in with fall leaves and flowers to help fill out the wreath along the left side. Glue them in with the hot glue gun.
7. Display your Halloween BOO wreath on a door or above a table with fall or Halloween decor to add to your splash of fall color.
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You
4 thoughts on “DIY Halloween BOO Wreath Tutorial”
That’s gorgeous! I need to see if I can find that mesh!
I love this! I have always wanted to make my own Halloween Wreath! And now I will be able to! Thanks for the tutorial!
Love those colors! So very fall and not just the plain ol’ orange everyone does!
Your wreath is beautiful. I have made several mesh wreaths but I don’t have one for Halloween yet. I’m going to use yours for inspiration.