This post may contain affiliate links.
I’ve been missing my chocolate avocado pudding the last few days, so I decided to make something similar for breakfast today, only make it into a smoothie., minus any type of sweetener other than fresh fruit of course! This smoothie recipe isn’t super sweet, I was trying to keep it as low carb as possible to keep away those carb cravings later. It was sweet enough for me, but if you’d like it to be sweeter you can add more frozen banana or blueberries.
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Recipe- Dairy Free
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 banana- chopped and frozen
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- about 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- You'll need to chop and freeze the banana the night before, or if you're like me, keep 1-2 chopped frozen bananas in your freezer.
- Slice, pit and scoop out the avocado into a blender.
- Add in the frozen banana, blueberries, coconut milk, and cocoa powder, along with about 1/2 of the water.
- Turn the blender on pulse and continue pulsing until all is blended together. Add additional water if needed.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Any blender will work, but I love to use my Hamilton Beach Personal Blender with Travel Lid. Usually when I make smoothies, instead of putting it into a glass I drink it right out of the blender cup. I poured it into a glass today so I could take a pic., usually I’m not that fancy in the morning when I don’t have to take pics, hah!
This recipe is part of my Whole30 participation during the month of January. You can check out all my Whole30 menus and recipes or see what my day 4 Whole30 menu.