I’ve wanted to try fish tacos for a while now, so I was super excited to see how this recipe would turn out. I have to say I wasn’t disappointed! I used lettuce wrap for the “taco shell” portion of this recipe, to keep it grain and gluten free since I’m sticking to the Whole30 program during the month of January. I think I’m definitely keeping this recipe in my lineup even beyond this month, it was that delicious.
I got the idea to make these from the Cilantro Lime Chicken I made the other day, they would be pretty awesome with the mango salsa too!
Fish Tacos Recipe with Mango Salsa- Grain Free - Gluten Free
- Fish Tacos:
- 1 pound boneless skinless wild caught fish- I used cod
- juice of 3 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4-6 large lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado sliced optional
- Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango- peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato- diced
- 1/4 small onion- diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 1/4 cup peppers- diced
- juice of 1 lime
- About an hour before you're planning to make the tacos, dice and combine the mango, tomato, onion, cilantro, pepper and minced garlic along with the lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Stir together and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Put a saute pan with the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Cut the fish into 2 inch chunks and add to the saute pan.
- Cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- While the fish is cooking mince the garlic, zest 1 lime, and juice all 3.
- Once the fish is cooked through add in the garlic and lime zest and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the lime juice and let simmer for a couple more minutes then remove from heat.
- Put a little fish, a couple spoonfuls of salsa and a slice or 2 of avocado on each lettuce leaf.
I’m definitely looking forward to making this recipe again! The mango salsa could even make a delicious side dish all by itself. This recipe is part of my Whole30 recipe collection. You can check out my progress and all of my Whole30 recipes and daily menus.