I’ve been following the Whole30 program this month and sharing all of my Whole30 recipes and experiences you can also go check out the rest of my Whole30 Day 3 Menu. Today I made tacos for my family (because they’re not all in on going grain free yet they had regular tacos, I want to try the coconut flour flatbreads on them soon I’ve been seeing the recipe for everywhere). I made a fabulous taco salad for myself, loaded with ground beef salsa, fresh greens and veggies in all the colors of the rainbow (well, almost all).
Taco Salad Recipe~ Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Taco Meat:
- 1 pound ground beef grass fed if possible
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup salsa or pico de gallo with Whole30 approved ingredients
- 1 cup fresh salad greens
- Brown the ground beef in a saute pan over medium heat. Add in most of the diced onion, reserving enough for the salad, and add the minced garlic.
- Once the ground beef is browned, drain any excess grease and add about 1/4 cup water along with the cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and sea salt.
- Remove from heat and serve up as part of tacos or a taco salad. This would also be wonderful in lettuce wraps!
- To make your salad layer in the fresh greens and tip with the taco seasoned beef, salsa or pico de gallo, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers or your favorite veggies.
- I promise you won't even miss the salad dressing! The salsa or pico de gallo really hit the spot on this salad!
I usually make my own homemade taco seasoning so it doesn’t have any ingredients I don’t want like msg, or preservatives. I just added the spices directly to this recipe, but sometimes I make my taco seasoning ahead. I share some great recipes here: Homemade Spice Mix Recipes.