I love Tim Horton’s Frozen Hot Chocolate, but since our closest Tim Horton’s is about 25 minutes from my house, and it’s only available a couple months out of the year, I decided I needed to come up with a copycat frozen hot chocolate recipe I could make anytime I wanted to.
- 1 envelope hot chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup+ extra for drizzling
- 1 cup milk
- whipped topping
- A couple hours before you're ready to make your frozen hot chocolate, make the hot chocolate according to the package directions.
- Pour the hot chocolate into an ice cube tray and place in the freezer until frozen.
- Once your hot chocolate is frozen in the tray, when you're ready to make your frozen hot chocolate, simply pop about 6 cubes out of the tray and place them into the blender.
- Add the milk, and chocolate syrup to the blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add a little extra milk if you need to.
- Pour into a frozen mug and top with whipped topping and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Frozen hot chocolate is one of my favorite summer treats! I just keep some hot chocolate ice cubes in the freezer. Once they’re frozen in the tray I usually empty them out into a plastic bag, or a small bowl to store in the freezer until I’m ready to use them.
Then when I’m ready I pop them into the blender with the other ingredients and I have frozen hot chocolate in minutes!
I love to take a mug of it out to our back deck and sit and savor it to start my morning. I love to sit out there and watch the birds at our bird feeder or catch up on some reading before I start working for the day. During the summer frozen hot chocolate is my favorite way to start my day!
For more fun creative summer ideas, check out a few of my favorite blogs.
- Iced Rhubarb Tea from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Spinach Smoothies from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Solar Lamp from Simply Southern Mom
- Strawberry Pops from Mom on the Side
- DIY Natural Wood Planter for Father’s Day from Our Family World
- Mason Jar Dirt Pudding by Better in Bulk
- Patriotic Whoopie Pies by How Was Your Day?
- Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make a Fairy Garden by Momma D Jane
- Make Your Own Summer Scent by Style on Main
- Cheese Stuffed Grilled Ranch Bacon Burger by Mom Does It All
- No Churn Caramel Ice Cream by My So Called Balanced Life
- Grilled Loaded Fries & Fresh Strawberry Lemonade perfect Summer snack idea by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- Picnic Perfect Patriotic Berry Trifle by About a Mom
- Easy Potato Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flip Flops by This Mama Loves